David Stringer, a Project Manager with SK&A, is responsible for structural analysis and design , the preparation of project drawings and specifications, shop drawing approvals, and periodic field observation of project construction. He supervises, delegates, and mentors project engineers; collaborates with architects, developers, and contractors; attends project meetings; and reviews project finances and billings. David’s project experience includes mixed-use, office, residential, hotels, parking garages, and various tenant modifications to existing structures.
- Well-versed in many types of framing systems and materials, including conventionally reinforced concrete, post-tensioned concrete, wood, structural steel, and light gauge structures.
- Effectively innovates and develops economical structural solutions to complex Architectural programming and space needs.
- Member of SK&A’s Wood and Light Gauge technical committees
Community Involvement and Volunteering
- Regular participant in the annual AIA DC Chapter “CANstruction” event, supporting the Capital Area Food Bank
- Participant in annual JDRF Mid-Atlantic Real Estate games, raising funds for type 1 diabetes research
- Past participant in the American Odyssey Relay race, raising funds for Hope Connections for Cancer Support and Team Red, White & Blue which supports wounded veterans
- Performed voluntary engineering work with a faith-based charitable organization, Engineering Ministries International (EMI) in Uganda to provide design assistance for schools, health clinics, and orphanages, and repair/retrofit of existing structures. Serves as DC-area representative for EMI.