The Structural Engineers Association of Metropolitan Washington (SEA-MW) Awards Gala was held on Saturday, February 25, 2023 at St. Francis Hall in Washington, D.C. This annual event is an opportunity for the local structural engineering community to come together to recognize outstanding projects, as well as individual contributions/achievements. The judging panels for the project awards are assembled from outside the Washington DC market to provide unbiased evaluations of the project entrants.
SK&A is delighted to share that our projects and staff were the recipients of multiple awards!
Outstanding Project Awards:
Royal Norwegian Embassy: Chancery Renovation & Expansion
- Category: Building renovation Under $25M
- Project Team: Hakan Onel, PE, SE, Daniel Cocciardi, PE, SE, and Sarah Gallis, PE, SE
Press House Warehouse
- Category: Building Renovation Over $75M
- Project Team: Walid Choueiri, PE, SE, Jessica Wakeman, PE, SE, Ryan Bailey, PE, SE, and Megan Dulmaine, EIT
The Well at Oxon Run
- Category: Pro-Bono
- Project Team: Hakan Onel, PE, SE, Bing Rao, PE, and Anda Shi, PE
- Category: New Construction $40M to $100M
- Project Team: Seth Rogge, PE, SE, Megan Dulmaine, EIT, Ryan Bailey, PE, SE, and Macenzie Smith, PE, SE
Additionally, SK&A Associate, Catherine Pastoor, PE, SE was awarded the 2022 SEA-MW Rising Star. This award is given in recognition of an individual’s positive impact on the profession of structural engineering, as well as the community and world around us. View that announcement here.
“Congratulations to Catherine and to each of the project teams – and congratulations to SK&A! It is always an honor to be recognized by our peers for the exciting and challenging work we do.” ~Scott B. Stewart, PE, SE, SK&A Managing Principal