Four SK&A Projects were recognized in the recent U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) National Capital Region Community Leader Awards.
These awards are given to projects that emphasize healthy design, construction and operations and that are “leading the way to a greener future in the D.C. area” (Dewitte, 2023).
Georgetown University – 55 H Street
This 221,771 square foot LEED Platinum project in Northwest DC won the Design and Construction Award. SK&A provided the engineering design for this 11-story student housing building.
- Developer: Georgetown University, American Campus Communities
- Architect: Robert A.M. Stern Architects
- Contractor: John Moriarty & Associates
- SK&A Team Members: Seth Rogge, PE, SE and Naina Bhanot, EIT, LEED AP
This 148,282 square foot LEED Gold project in Southeast DC won the Exceptional Sustainable Technology Award. SK&A provided the testing and inspections for this 7-story mass timber commercial structure, the first of its kind in DC.
- Developer: Columbia Property Trust, Inc.
- Architect: Hickok Cole Architects
- Contractor: James G. Davis Construction
- SK&A Team Members: Charles Mitchell, Antonio Ivory, and Vladimir Krivin
Additionally, Southwest Waterfront Wharf Parcel 10 and The Yards Parcel G were both recognized as award finalists.
- DeWitte, Leigh. (2023, Jul 31). 2023 Community Leader Awards recipients celebrated (USGBC National Capital Region). USGBC.org https://www.usgbc.org/articles/2023-community-leader-awards-recipients-celebrated-usgbc-national-capital-region
- Graduate Housing at 55 H St. NW. [Photograph] Georgetown University. https://residentialliving.georgetown.edu/55-h-st-graduate-housing/