As Director of Communications, Shambi oversees SK&A’s digital marketing and public relations. She also actively contributes to key internal communications, staff engagement activities, and business development initiatives, fostering collaboration and growth across the organization.
- Creator and publisher of the AECintheDMV newsletter with curated lists of regional architecture, engineering, and construction events and solicitations. Launched in 2011, the readership has grown to over 1,500 industry professionals.
- Founded, organized, and served as Master of Ceremonies for ACES Construction and Design Industries Group, an event that drew 75-100 attendees every month over the 10-year life of the group
- Speaker and moderator at industry events, specializing in the topics of business development, digital media, networking, and employee engagement
- A true military brat whose favorite tour of duty with Marine Corps “Major Dad” was Iwakuni, Japan
- Met husband Matthew while taking ballroom dancing lessons, a hobby which they still enjoy today
- Active in their local church and leads a small-group study
- A homesteading enthusiast, passionate about growing good food and supporting local farms
- Loves experiencing other cultures and cuisines with favorite past travels including Italy, Greece, and Egypt