Located on the historic Washington Channel, the Wharf is a mixed-use development that integrates residential, office, retail, hotel, and cultural facilities with numerous public spaces, including a three-acre waterfront park, along a total of 27 acres with over 3.2 million sf.
SK&A provided structural services for three of five total parcels in Phase 1 of the project, as well as the two-level underground garage that supports all of the parcels in Phase 1. The parcels consist of:
- 800 Maine (Parcel 3A) includes an office building (200,000 sf) with 20,000 sf of ground floor retail;
- Intercontinental Hotel (Parcel 3B) includes a 12-story hotel (238,000 sf) with 268 rooms, restaurants, bars, ballrooms and other meeting/event spaces, a spa, and retail space.
- Incanto Apartments (Parcel 4) – consists of a 12-story mixed-use residential building, evenly divided between apartments and condominiums (310,000 sf). A 50,000 sf health club and 25,000 sf of retail space will also be included in this structure.
- Hyatt House and Canopy by Hilton (Parcel 5) – includes two hotels housed in a single building (250,000 sf).
Similar to Phase I, SK&A also provided structural services for parcels 6, 7, 8 and 10 within Phase II of the project. These parcels consist of:
- 670 Maine and 680 Maine (Parcels 6&7) – includes two trophy office buildings with an extensive ground floor area for retail or additional office spaces. Combined, these parcels include approximately 430,000 sf of office, 45,000 sf of retail, and 4,000 sf of back-of-house space.
- The Tides Apartments and Pendry Hotel (Parcel 8) – features both apartments and hotel rooms atop 26,000 sf of retail space. There are 255 apartment units and 131 hotel keys along with amenities such as outdoor courtyards, collaborative event spaces, and a rooftop bar.
- DCX Office Building (Parcel 10) – is a boutique office building with retail on the ground floor. Parcel 10 includes approximately 50,000 sf of office, 20,000 sf of retail and 1,800 sf of back-of-house space.
For the Phase II parcels, two garages, Garage 2 & Garage 3, support the multiple buildings that sit above grade. SK&A provided the Structural Engineering for Garage 2 , which supports Parcels 6, 7 and 8 with two levels below grade (105,000 sf plus 15,000 sf of retail located at the P1 Level).
PN Hoffman, Madison Marquette, Perkins Eastman, BBGM,
WDG Architecture, Morris Adjmi Architects, ShoP Architects, SmithGroup, ODA Architecture
Pike & Rose
NORTH BETHESDA, MD
The Corporate Office Centre at Tysons II
TYSONS CORNER, VA
The Claude at
Chevy Chase Lake
CHEVY CHASE, MD
Fallyn Apartments and
Illume CSX East
Press House Warehouse