James Chavin-Grant, a Project Manager with SK&A, is responsible for structural design and analysis, the preparation of project drawings and specifications, project coordination, and field observation of projects for conformance with design drawings. His project experience includes office, retail, residential, academic, recreation centers, and hotel buildings. James is also heading the firm’s initiatives to encourage substantive embodied carbon reductions in structural systems, pushing towards the firm’s goal of net-zero embodied carbon emissions by 2050.
- Master of Science, Civil Engineering, Virginia Tech
- Bachelor of Science, Civil Engineering, Clemson University
- Member of the Structural Engineers Association of Metropolitan Washington Sustainable Design Committee
- Leader of SK&A’s Embodied Carbon Committee
- Member of SK&A’s Steel Technical Committee
- Member of SK&A’s Education and Local Government Focus Groups
- Frequent presenter for university courses and at industry events