SK&A Principal Josh Woolcock, PE, LEED AP was a co-presenter on the topic of Mat Foundations at the Structural Engineers Association Metropolitan Washington (SEA-MW) chapter dinner on March 15th at Seasons 52 in North Bethesda.
Additional details below, as provided by SEA-MW:
So you need a mat; now what? Mat foundations have long been utilized on geotechnically challenging sites. In this seminar, we will discuss the analysis and design of mat foundations using software programs and discover how a multi-disciplinary team approach is crucial for successful execution. Geotechnical, hydrostatics, waterproofing, Plumbing, etc. all contribute to this process. Join us for a team-based discussion on the use of a mat foundation system for your project.
- Rose Rodriguez, BKV Group, Director of Structural Engineering (DC)
- Josh Woolcock, PE, LEED AP, SK&A Structural Engineers
- 6:00-6:30 – Happy half hour
- 6:30-7:00 – MO meeting and salads/appetizers
- 7:00-8:00 – Dinner + dessert program presentation
- 8:00-8:15 – Concluding remarks
1.0 PDH Hour Certificate will be provided for attending this event.