Zachary (Zach) Shugart, a Structural Engineer with SK&A, is responsible for structural design and analysis, the preparation of project drawings and specifications, shop drawing approvals, and field observation of projects for conformance with design drawings. Zach is also proficient in the use of a range of software including Revit, RAM Concept, ETABs, AutoCAD, MicroStation, VBA, and Python. His project experience includes mixed-use, residential, and office projects. Notable projects in his portfolio include West Hyattsville (Sovren), Parcel 42, 11th & Vermont, St. Elmo Apartments, and the award-winning DGS Headquarters.
- Master of Science in Structural Engineering and Materials, Virginia Tech
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering with Green Engineering Minor, Virginia Tech
- Plays in softball, golf, and flag football leagues throughout the year and helps organize SK&A staff volleyball games
- Has run four half marathons
- Leads a high school Bible Study
- Favorite lunch to have with coworkers is a chicken parmesan sandwich
- Big fan of Washington Nationals, Capitals, and Commanders, as well as Virginia Tech sports teams