Modernization of the existing Harrison School facility, which was originally built in 1890 and later expanded in 1932. A new structurally independent three-story, 14,000 sf addition was added to the rear of the school, providing additional assembly spaces.
The new addition features a distinctive, wavy wall of glass and metal paneling, that brings a modern element and visual interest to the historic architecture of the existing structure. The renovation also included a new cafeteria, multi-purpose room/gymnasium, library and support spaces. The project achieved LEED certification for incorporating various sustainable design features.
Structural services provided include the evaluation of the existing roof structure for the introduction of new mechanical equipment and the strengthening of framing, as required.