Complete restoration and conversion of a circa 1910 steel and concrete-framed 11-story office building (including one basement level) into a residential apartment building. Historic restoration activities included modifying floors constructed of terra cotta flat arches with concrete fill, and rehabilitation of the multi-wythe brick façade. The façade materials also included stone at the lower levels and terra cotta at the uppermost levels. Several columns were removed in the basement to facilitate parking. Hydraulic jacks were used to pre-deflect six new steel transfer girders at the ground floor used to replace the columns. Stairs were reconfigured throughout, terraces added to the roof, and two vehicular elevators added to access the below-grade parking.
The project was awarded the 2009 Outstanding Project Award for Excellence in Structural Engineering by the Structural Engineers Association of Metropolitan Washington.